Greetings!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SandraNG

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone. I'm so happy to be here. I'm not new to tanks, been keeping freshwater for about fifteen years, but my husband and I are very new to saltwater tanks. We just took the plunge! Very excited. Given that we live in the city and have a bunch of tanks already, we ended up getting a tiny little 8 gallon and now have had live rocks in it for just over a week, to help the tank cycle. Not planning on putting anything in there for about a month, and then starting very small (crab, shrimp). The live rocks came with two whopping clams that we're giving phytoplankon to, as well as a large tunicate that currently doesn't look super happy (sort of shrively). But it's feeding. So, we'll see.

I am the type of person who has fish nightmares, like going down in a basement and realizing that I have 100 tanks I didn't know about, and some have lost almost all their water, while others have fish that have grown too big and are flopping around, etc. So you can probably tell I will be a nervous wreck until our new little tank stabilizes.

Thank you, Mike! Can I ask: How do I add a photo for my profile pic...don't see where to do it.

Reading over the posts now, too. Very helpful info. Gotta love fish people!

Thank you, Mike! Can I ask: How do I add a photo for my profile pic...don't see where to do it.

Reading over the posts now, too. Very helpful info. Gotta love fish people!

click the button that says "User CP" on the left hand side are options to click, go down that list until you see "edit avatar". click that and then do what it tells you. you can browse for a picture from your computer or link one from online

Sorry about getting back late but it looks like JoeD and Joma have you taken care of.

I am the type of person who has fish nightmares, like going down in a basement and realizing that I have 100 tanks I didn't know about, and some have lost almost all their water, while others have fish that have grown too big and are flopping around, etc. So you can probably tell I will be a nervous wreck until our new little tank stabilizes.

Now that sounds like someone that is committed to their tanks and fish. I just looked at your "My Tanks" link. I must say that is an impressive list. So much so that I actually think you could handle 100 tanks:)!!

Welcome to AA!!!!

Back
Top Bottom