Greetings!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Underwater City

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello!

Many years ago I had a 10 gallon tank but gave it, fish and all, to a friend when I moved across the country. (I'm now in Maine.)

I am, at long last, able to start up this hobby. I now have a 40 gallon freshwater tank, (up since September 9, 2011), and am finally to the point of adding fish.

Right now I have 4 glofish danios and 3 pandy platys as well as one pleco. (The small kind.) Oh and a snail that came in on one of the plants.

It's also my first time ever doing a planted tank. I have about 10 plants now, a piece of driftwood and some decorations.

Things will probably change in the future.

I am also slowly adding in more fish.

I am now thinking I want to have sand as my substrate instead of the black gravel...if I can find a dark sand to use.

Anyway, I'm doing much more with the aquarium this time around, reading a lot more, working a lot more on it, and I think I'm getting addicted. I thought, innocently, that I was just going to get a tank, cycle it, get some fish, some decorations and be done with it.

Now I'm all immersed in this whole aquarium world. There's a LOT I do not know, (especially with the plants but whatever I'm doing it's working), and am learning as I go but it is definitely so much more fun this time around.

Anyway, thanks for having me.

Uh oh..watch out...before you know it..it's gonna be MTS!! (multiple tank syndrome) hehe

Welcome to AA :)

Back
Top Bottom