Greetings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jd99

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all.
Just got a new 60 gal aquarium, and I've been out of the hobby for a while (about 25-30 years) and I see a lot of advancements since the days I had my old 75 gallon.

I'm sure I'll have some questions on setting up with the newer equipment that is out today.

looking forward to getting it going, but I have to paint the living room first.

Danny

Welcome to Aquarium Advice! This is a fantastic resource for the hobby and tons of friendly people. Ask any questions you want! What types of fish are you looking to have?

Welcome to Aquarium Advice! This is a fantastic resource for the hobby and tons of friendly people. Ask any questions you want! What types of fish are you looking to have?
Not sure what I'm going to decide on yet still thinking about it it will be fresh water, I had oscars, fire mouths and stuff like that before, but I think I'll go a different route this time maybe a more colorful tank this time.

I just received my Penn-plax Cascade 1000 filter for it, on the next payday i'll get the heaters, and air pump,, and then I'll start on the gravel/media and etc.

but like I said still have to paint the living room first...:rolleyes:

An recomendations on heaters, or the air pumps, I remember back when I had my 75 gal the heaters were the worst, had to run dual heaters, and have a spare because they were always were burning out, or failing some how..

Thanks
Danny

Not sure about heaters reliability. Right now I'm running an eheim jager and have no issues with it. Been going about a year with it.

I like the tetra whisper air pump. They are super quite.

Back
Top Bottom