Greetings!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ButterBee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Salutations all!

My name is Erin. I am from Pennsylvania in the USA and I am an avid animal lover and building my fish here and there. I currently have a wall of 20's and a wall of 10's as well as a 29 for quarantine and a 48 bow. I do have cats and my best buddies are my 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

I am not terribly new at fish- been keeping them since I was 8 and I will say that has been more than 20 years ago. I started to get seriously into it about 5 or 6 years ago when I set up my 29 for my cats' Christmas gift "Kitty Cat TV" and it kind of exploded since then!

I have done 5 or 6 years of lurking on this site and thought maybe I should finally just make a profile and ask a specific question I needed help with on my walls. I so appreciate the friendliness of this place! It's not a terrible nerve-wracking experience since my social anxiety seems to span to the internet too.

Hope to make some friends!

Hello ButterBee, welcome! I am new to the forum and yes everyone is very kind here. I love the Kitty Cat TV LOL!! What kind of fish do you currently have? Sounds like quite a few. :fish2:

I am such a child and say I have quite a few goldfish (I also put a pond in last year are cant wait to see those goldies again!) Absolute favorite fish.

I have som convicts, some angels, a few tanks of guppies and the rest are tetra varieties as well as some barbs and gouramis. I have a few rescued glo fish though personally I am not a fan of them and I never would buy them... I have these guys because they would have been "Flushed" by their old owners cause the kids where tired of them :(

I so want a marine tank- I love octipi but I don't think I could keep them alive- like the ferrets... better to just watch them on youtube!

How about you Coralocean?

Goldfish have great personalities, very fun. I have been out of the hobby for about 10+ years and just returning. I started fish tanks for my son when he was quite young. As he grew I let him choose what he wanted. We had cichlids, gouramis, parrot fish, and eventually a saltwater tank with damsels and clownfish. My son fell in love with an Oscar so I bought a 75 gallon and he took care of her for years. My son is grown now so I get to choose LOL. I personally love the glofish, it's very controversial. I want a peaceful tank of schooling fish like tetras. I am already planning my next large tank, I really like Discus. So addicting!!

I will agree that this is a very addicting hobby! Kind of like my houseplants! Better yet- when I do water changes the old fish water doesn't go to waste! It waters my 30+ plants! They just thrive on it!

I never tried discus- I hear they are a bit finiky- my water is pretty hard too? I did have a large tank in high school with piranhas. I just cant feed live fish to other fish and watch- I used to toss them in and shut off the light lol. Made me a bit heart sick.

I remember my mom having a tetra tank when I was little and that was fun. Our cat liked it a lot- and so did the kids! So when I was 8 she got me my first tank, and let me pick out the fish I wanted. A black moore and a fan tail orange gold. I want to get a large tank for my golds- if I thought my floor would handle anything over 100g I would get it- I just bet they would be in my basement!

How tough is a marine tank? I am not sure I am brave enough yet lol

Since you have a "wall" of tanks I think you could handle some marine fish lol. It's a bit more expensive and you have to watch the water parameters a little closer. There are people on this forum that know far far more than I about it. Marine fish are so colorful but I never attempted corals.

Back
Top Bottom