Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Greetings and Thanks

Greetings All!

Just wanted to thank everyone for sharing their expertise, opinions, and passions here.

I'm new to the forum and returning to the wonderful world of fish after 20 years or so. Finally, after 5 years or talking about it, got my partner interested in the idea of setting up an aquarium. I kept a 20 gal in college with a couple of gourami and loved it, but kept getting frustrated and confused and eventually gave up (who knew cycling correctly from the start and testing would make life better later on). Coming back I vowed I would research and figure out how to avoid the frustrations of youth as I've grown old and crotchity.

I stumbled across this forum and WOW what a difference it has made. I no longer feel like my OCD is is driving the desire to have a plan, but that having a plan really is the right way to go! Yea! I'm not as crazy as I thought.

We started last weekend with the biggest tank we could afford and that would fit our space and decor - an Aqueon 36 Gal bowfront kit. Tank size is great for our space. Setting it up as freshwater community. Eventually, slowly, patiently, and with filter and lighting upgrades we're planning a natural looking planted tank with a few (4 - 6) dwarf gourami varieties, a school of serpae tetras, a small school of cory and perhaps some cherry shrimp. And, for the partner, a small homage to Spongebob Squarepants (never too old for cartoons!).

Thanks for all the great advice posted here and for the assurance that my obessive complusive disorder is not in control....or at least if it is, I'm not alone!

36 Gal Bow Front w/ Aquaclear 70 Filter; 6 Von Rio Tetras; 9 Black Neon Tetras
10 Gal QT w/ Aqueon Quietflow 10; 6 Pristella Tetra
bhagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to aa!
High-Tech 55 gallon-10 gallon reef
2015 AA Fantasy Football Champion
I've Got plants! Visit: www.lincolnsaquatics.com to see whats available!
Dallascowboys16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com