Greetings everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sasher

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 20 gallon tank with 4 plain old comet goldfish. Just your basic tank. I'd love to have a fancy one, but I'm up against a spouse who thinks fish tanks are silly. He thinks they are pretty, but says they're too much trouble to mess with. My parents and sister have really nice tanks and fish ponds. My sister gave me her fish pond when she upgraded but my husband won't let me put it in the ground...:mad:GRRR!!! Some people just don't get it. But anyway, I'm not very adept at my tank and my fishes sometimes pay the price for that. I was hoping to be able to get some advise here so that my tank looks nice and I don't kill any(more) fish. My kids LOVE :pthe tank (7 and 3) and have named all the fish, so it's something I can do with them and hopefully pass the love of keeping fish off onto them like my parents did for me and my sister.

welcome to AA put the pond in when he is at work .he will get over it or not

Welcome to AA. Lots of good advice here. If you really want to get your significant other involved, try and grab his advice on things. Explain your questions to him that you are trying to figure out, and most importantly explain that its a hobby of yours which keeps you sane so that you don't hurt him. Haha.

My wife is very supportive and likes to engage in some aspects of the hobby, specifically picking out livestock, but she is sure to leave the maintenance to me.

Welcome.

Back
Top Bottom