Greetings fellow keepers of the tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady.of.Babylon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I guess the last time I had a good sized fish tank was almost 20 years ago. I had freshwater tanks and was really lucky with them.
Now I am attempting my first salt water tank. I got it around October 22,2019... started as a freshwater tank, which I wanted to make it look like a salt tank but it actually be freshwater. The more I went fish shopping the more I found myself attracted to brackish, so I transitioned the tank to brackish... then realized how expensive and not readily available brackish fish and introverts were to have a decent ecosystem going... so I went full salt! Tank is still cycling. However it has some really interesting fluctuations in the testing with all the changes and non fish organisms that survived the transition from fresh to salt. IMG_5768.jpgIMG_5728.jpgIMG_5173.jpg

Well nice to hear you followed the trail to SW, something you may find you love even more!

Brackish inhabitants are hard to come by in almost every fish store. Usually you find FW which will eventually turn into saltier loving fish.

Welcome to the community. The tank is pretty fun looking, and really colorful.

My last SW cycle took forever. Hoping yours moves along solidly and time flies by.

Back
Top Bottom