Greetings from Alabama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tahl

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone, I'm coming here looking to better expand my knowledge on my hobby and hopefully get a better understanding so that I don't wind up with too many more dead fish on my hands. I made the mistake of following bad advice and did a live cycle of my tank with an african leaf fish, a bala shark, a pictus catfish, and a red tailed shark. The red tailed shark wasn't lucky enough to survive the cycling despite many water changes to keep the ammonia down and a few days after the tank cycled, my tank suffered from ich from 3 gourami I added. Now I have a missing bala shark on my hands, I assume eaten by the gourami after getting weak from the ich while treating it with heat. That's pretty much my introduction to my 55-gallon aquarium that I started about 6-7 weeks ago.

My 29-gallon aquarium on the other hand, has been sitting on a stand with dead food in a Ziploc bag with holes cut in it running for the last week and a half.

Welcome Aboard
character_17.gif

Back
Top Bottom