Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Greetings from Canada

Hey guys, I am preparing my 90 gallon aquarium to be a paradise for some African cichilids. I am currently in the design process of the cabinet/stand and hood that I hope to have built next weekend. Tomorrow morning I will be taking a drive to the rural farmland where I grew up to grab substrate from the beach and look for other natural treasures for the aquarium. The sand from the beach is perfect, it was crushed Millstone from a 19th century mine, not too fine, not too coarse.
Anyways enough rambling from me, I just figured what better site for inspiration and knowledge on aquariums. Nice too meet you, glad to be hear.

saintbrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Sounds cool, Good luck. Just clean your sand and rocks etc good. you don't want to introduce anything extra to your new build. Not sure how to clean Natural substrate but on rocks, I boil them and then soak in a white vinegar solution then let them soak in Tank water, about a 3 day process. Cool thing about beaches is you can find Beach glass if you are lucky always looks good.

60 gallon(Parrots and Convicts) 55 gallon African Cichlids 5 gallon Betta tank 35 Gallon Hex (Bolivian Rams, Oto cats, Bloodfin Tetra and a shoal of Tiger Barbs) 75 Gallon Oscar Condo. 30 gallon GBRs & Danios
Pton46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA.
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com