Greetings from Guatemala.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blackstare

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone.

My name is Sergei Kortscheff, I'm from Guatemala City, Central America.

Let me tell you the story of how I got into this hobby. About 7 months ago I was going to get married, but things did't go as well so, stuff happens right? I was really depressed, as at the time I moved in to my new house, alone. So a friend of mine gave me a red-ear slider as a gift to give me company, it had one of those little plastic bowls which I dind't like so I got hold of a 10G tank and a small filter, some gravel and ornaments and a basking platform, I really enjoyed watching my turtle, which is named Nimron, shortly after I got a 20G tank and a bigger basking island, as well as another turtle, which is named Tortu :D they have been happily living in my bedroom for 6 months by now.

So anyway, I really enjoyed having turtles so I wanted to try having a fish aquarium, sadly I made some terrible n00b mistakes, like buying a too small tank and the fishes on the same day and hasting things up and you know, disaster, lost my two comets and a bubble eye.

While I was searching why did I lost my fish after just a week I stumbled upon this forum, which has helped me a lot, really. Now I'm in the cycling process of a 45G tank which I want it to be a community tank, I have just plugged in my equipment so I have enough time to keep investigating before I begin to stock my tank.

Well, that's it, if you have any advice for a newbie like me then you have my full attention.

And by the way, the woman I was getting married with, well we're back together and this time we want things to work really well and we're all good.

PD: My native language is spanish so please forgive me if I made a mistake :p

Kind regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forums!! I think it's super cool how we have so many members from all over the world

Back
Top Bottom