Greetings from Northern California too!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anomaly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all, just thought I'd say howdy and hello to everyone. I'm 24, recently engaged, and have had freshwater/tropical aquariums almost my whole life, and thanks to my dad's influence I am more of a shoot-from-the-hip type aquariust rather than doing everything by the book.

I recently jumped to this forum from another well known one because the people here seemed friendlier and less holier-than-thou when it comes to aquarium knowledge. Everyone here has been wonderful so far and I'm looking forward to sharing space with a friendly group of folks!

the people here seemed friendlier and less holier-than-thou when it comes to aquarium knowledge
We try--when was the last time you did a water change?? :wink:

BTW--nice avatar and sig!!
recently engaged
My engagement is quickly coming to an end (1 1/2 years is too much)--the wedding is going to be in August on Long Island. I did most of my wedding planning on-line and if you want help finding sites to save money (from rings to bridal dresses to tuxes!) just ask :D

when was the last time you did a water change??

I do water changes on all my tanks once a month - usually around 25-50% along with a clean filter cartridge.

I think I'm a good fish parent, learned most everything from watching my dad growing up... and learning from his mistakes! My oldest fish were a pair of 7+ year old kuhli loaches, so I must be doing something right!

I did most of my wedding planning on-line and if you want help finding sites to save money (from rings to bridal dresses to tuxes!) just ask

I may just take you up on that! Thanks!

I do water changes on all my tanks once a month - usually around 25-50% along with a clean filter cartridge.
I was kidding--sarcasm doesn't carry on the internet :roll:

What kind of Khuli loaches? The striped guys??

Yeah the striped kuhlis, I inherited them with my first 10-gal from a friend that moved out of state. I don't know how long she had them before me, but I had them about 7 years before they died. A few days apart too so I was pretty bummed.

And sarcasm doesn't carry well with me either, I'm very gullible. :)

And sarcasm doesn't carry well with me either, I'm very gullible.
I'm a native New Yorker, sarcasm runs in my family :wink:

I have had two striped Khulis for over a year and recently bought 6 more. I just love them. I also love cory cats. Bottom dwellers--I could have a tank of all bottom dwellers....

Cory cats are one of my favs! I have only 5 right now, four of which are all aeneus varieties - two bronze, one albino, one other varient I can't remember the name of - and I have one delphax as well. I have to physically stop myself from buying more when I go to the fish store or else I'd buy 5 of every type they have!

hey, where abouts in nor cal?

Originally Monterey bay area... I'm going back and forth between there and Fresno. Fresno isn't really nor cal, but I can't bring myself to say so cal ;) lol

Anomaly...Welcome to Aquarium Advice. Glad to have you with us!

Um....did he say "Blessed are the cheese makers"? (Monty Python...Life of Brian)

Welcome to AA, Anomaly

Enjoy your engagement. :D

My engagement is quickly coming to an end (1 1/2 years is too much)--

Wow Menagerie, that was quick :lol:
Actually, my wife and I were married in November 2003 after being engaged for 7 years. Then to top it off, we eloped and didn't tell anyone, not our friends, families, not a single person. Everyone was so surprised!

Back
Top Bottom