Greetings from Palm Bay, FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TANKSALOT

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone,
My name is Steve and I am a repeat to the hobby of Saltwater Aquariums. My parents had a tropical fish store on Olean, NY when I was growing up and I swore then that I would never touch (clean) another aquarium in my life time. Well I did. About 8 yrs ago I had a 29 gal. Salt that lasted about 3 months due to my lack of attention to it. I now have more time to dedicate to the hobby and have again started with a 29 gal. Salt. It has been up for just over a week now and is doing just fine. I am documenting all the tests everyday just to have a good record to show others how it all happens. I have 30#'s of Live Sand and 30#'s of Live Purple Rock. I added 4 Damsels. (I ducked to miss the punches I know I will get for using Damsels to cycle). Hey, I'm old school and that's what I knew and many agreed, eventhe local shop owners. Know on it's 8th day, I have added 3 very small Blue Hermit Crabs and 3 Snails to start cleaning up any excess food.
Since buying the 29 I have went kinda nuts. :rolleyes: I won a 110 gal. w/ base, canopy & lights on E-Bay, I was given a 60 gal. w/ base, canopy & lights and I also picked up two 55's with lights. They are all in storage until we move to our new house in a couple of months.
Well that my story and I plead the 5th.:rolleyes:

I look forward to all the great things that get shared on a forum like this. Wish i had had one 8 yrs. ago. Oh, so do the fish that suffered do to my ignorance. Sorry guys. :(

Back
Top Bottom