Greetings from Richmond, Virginia!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rvabubbles

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone, I am a student at Virginia Commonwealth University. I am brand new to the whole aquarium scene. My girlfriend just got me my setup for a gift. I am trying to make it as nice as possible. It is only a five gallon tank, but that's all I can have due to moving every school year.

I have a five gallon tank and 2 medium fish and 3 small fish.

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions on my setup by forum members. We (my girlfriend and I) have just been going on what people have told us to set everything up. I hope it's looking good to everyone!

I hope to learn a lot more about keeping fish from you guys!

Thanks!

Welcome aboard neighbor. I live in Midlothian (Chesterfield County). I`m a SW person but I do have a planted tank also.

Post a pic in the SW section and include a list of all equipment and everything that is in your tank. Describe the fish sizes in inches and include the name (species or common name) as you know them (if you do).

Do you have test kits for pH, ammonia, and nitrite? If you do, post those water parameters too.

When I had a FW tank I learned that the best thing I could do to maintain the fish was a weekly 10% - 20% water change. In a tank of your size I woudl try to change a gallon out every 3 - 4 days to maintain high water quality for the fish.

welcometoaa.gif

Welcome to the site! We went down to visit Mike and you have some impressive LFS in Richmond.

Thank you everyone for the greetings... I will get to work at posting my equipment and then my fish! :)

Back
Top Bottom