Greetings From Thailand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

block2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Swahtdee Krap ( Hello )

Hi all, i'm Jeff and from the UK originally. Been in Thailand for last 4 years, married to my wife Wan. I'm living in the middle of Thailand in a small rice farming village.

Was introduced to bettas just over a year ago, and I have taken to them like a fish takes to water, no pun intended...LOL. A couple of my Thai friends introduced me to these beautiful fish. We are in process of setting up a fish farm, to breed Bettas, but have had to put it on old due to the rainy season, also I'm in process of setting up a website.

One of the reasons I joined the forum, is that I also sell Indian Almond leaves, but I can't post in classifieds just yet, so please bare with me until post 10...LOL, but if any of you are interested, please PM me, as I know how hard it is to source the leaves. Prices are very very reasonable and include postage via airmail from Thailand.

Right me off to see what the rest of you's are up to in the forum.

Regards
Jeff & Wan

Swahtdee Krap! and
welcometoaa.gif

Hi Scott, Thankyou for the welcome....take they are Cat Fish in the tank...lol

Thankyou also.....Rich, Matt, Cindy and Cmor for the welcome to AA

Regards
Jeff

I'd never thought i would ever say i would be proud to be a member of the AA, wheres my beer gone...lol

thanks for all the welcomes...glad to be beer..lol

Hi block2.

Let me add my welcome as well, from the sunny state of Florida, USA.

Don't feed the bettas too much beer. They act kind of funny when they drink too much, and often dance on a lily pad with a lampshade on their heads. But, they regret it the next morning.

Welcome again.

Bob

1. This lake belongs to my wifes family who we rent our home from. This pic is taken from the top end from the garden.
img_942487_0_975db36ca4f4f90c26d4be8acd90520c.jpg

2. Same lake but pic taken from bottom end.
img_942487_1_387422cea6a65bf3bd9ad3b256640dc0.jpg

3. This is the village lake with our home to the right. This lake provides our village with all our water needs except for drinking water. This pic was taken in August before the rains came. Both lakes broke their banks last month November/December and we where flooded twice. Fish everywhere...more pics to come.
img_942487_2_54c291940fdc1cb6e7d2e258cd10eac3.jpg

Heres a few Pics of the fish I have caught in the village lake. I have seen big fish in there and I saw a chap put something quite large into the lake the other month. I saw a decent roach missing its stomach on top of the water one day. Pity as we eat the roach when we catch them, as they quite big.
1. This is a Giant Gourami, that i caught in the village lake. Quite a docile fish, came right upto where I was fishing, had 2 rods out and one just in the water which I was n't using at the time, only took the bait on that one and it was off, good 15 minutes play.
We got flooded twice last month as both lakes broke their banks. Fish everywhere. Around our lake I have put wire-mesh to deter me dogs from getting over but theres about a 2" gap at the bottom. We lost quite a few from our lake when the floods came including this Giant Gourami, he must of went sideways through the gap. We managed to grab him in a net the first time he got out in the beck/river that runs down the side of our home, but the 2nd time he got out no one seen him. We got told later it was caught in a net further up the beck/river and need I say what happened to it.
img_942487_3_7ba107090b89c1597738c9593ff920f5.jpg

2. This is a smaller Gourami in our lake. We have quite a few of these. If you look closely, you will see an orange bubble near its head, thats its fry. They protect them for about 2 weeks then the fry are left to defend for themselves. They stay in the ball, taken it turns, centre ones rise for air, they then return to the outside of the ball, then the next centre ones rise, they then return to the outside of the ball. This is done many times...Very clever.
img_942487_4_0dd9b462e168d9707a4ff00266bcebb0.jpg

3. This is a nice catfish, the Thais like to eat these, this one I managed to transfer into our lake.
img_942487_5_48a84270c33dd829cc9154f4389a5c3d.jpg

4. Not sure what this is, but its my favorite from the village lake. I say it was some type of chub. It as a beautiful golden bronze colour. Caught a few of these and they are very tasty.
img_942487_6_7c2a92cca32a5d43c2cb75318ec9f2b8.jpg

Will shot some more pics up when i get then shrunk in photoshop
regards
Jeff

Hi All,

Here's a couple of pics of a couple of cat fish that I caught in the village lake the other day. The biggest one was 3 kilo+.

img_956644_0_58fb58a127678bfb443ccac64c285e36.jpg

img_956644_1_5e45319f69e998955750c9464588c311.jpg

img_956644_2_6da36194a2cb337aa3b44993d644be80.jpg

Regards
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom