Greetings from the East Coast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thc444

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I live in what we lovingly call greatest little corrupt state in the USA; Rhode Island.
I'm not new to the hobby but I'm returning from a long absence.
My new tank is a reef ready 75.
My lighting is a Current Sundial T5HO
I’ll be returning the Aqueon ProFlex3 sump I mistakenly purchased….Sorry Aqueon. It just won’t fit my purpose.
So I’m making my own sump from a 40 Breeder with a DSB refugium with either a reef Octopus counter current Skimmer or a Precision Marine Bullet1. Haven’t made up my mind yet.
Planning on a DSB of 5” 120Lbs of LR and keeping soft corals, very few fish, no clams or hard corals.
This weekend I’m installing the newest addition to the toys; a SpectraPure MaxCap RODI. Then plumbing an ATO to the sump.
I do have a question to everyone out there. This tank will be setup in my finished basement that is carpeted. My concern is; the wood tank frame sitting on the carpet and settling unevenly. I’m thinking the carpet might need to be removed under the tank to enable me to level the tank on the concrete floor and just skip the whole settling worry. Has anyone experienced or heard of problems with systems sitting on a carpeted floor?

Back
Top Bottom