Greetings from Wyoming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Strawman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Heya,

I've been watching your website for 3 weeks now, and it seem like the place to be if your in to aquariums.

A little about me:
20, Computer Science Major. Own a computer repair firm. New to aquariams.

Possibly changing my major after I get my ASSOC in Computer Science to Marine Biology. Any good programs to recommend, and not just cause your an alumni of that school?

The good Stuff:
55 gallon FO Saltwater tank.
2 Silver Lyre Tail Mollies
2 Marble Mollies
2 *Young* Maroon Clowns, haven't even established who is female or male yet, I think. But they sleep together!!!
Fake Anemone in the from of a child's Rubber Toy, Food Contact Safe. ***but will it decompose in Saltwater and poison my fish????????????
SeaClone 100 Protein Skimmer-;( best part about this is the power head
Ehiem 2236 Filter, soon to be replaced with a DIY sump.

Tank has been up and running for about 2 weeks, Cycling is beginning with a .25 ppm ammonia this morning. I am getting some Bacteria from a guy here in town.
No LFS, only a LPS called PETCO. Bad News here folks. If i have to I will get bacteria here. but I am going to try to avoid it.

But I do have a question, What are you using as an oxygen source?
I killed 7 fish, on accident due to suffocation when I removed my skimmer to modify it.

And then fiddling with it today my fish started gulping air at the top of the tank till I plugged it back in and got micro bubbles going.

:wave: S7rawman

Welcome to AA. I am a freshwater guy but if you start a thread in the saltwater forum, it will be seen sooner. Not everyone goes into this forum.

Back
Top Bottom