Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-23-2011, 11:25 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Greetings, help with ideas for tank

Hey, I am new to the forums here,I am recently geting back into fish keeping i haven't had a tank for a few years and i have missed it alot so I got my self a 55 Gal aquarium i am really excited to get it up and runing but i still need to get it on a stand first but before even setting it up am not sure what kind of Fish i would like..when i was growing up my dad got me a 10 gal for my 10th b-day and we got some guppies and mollies and a few corry cats i also owned a 30 gal once but when i was moving i got a friend to look after it and hes had it for a few years so i let him keep it

Any way I want to build a tank that will catch the eye of anyone who looks at it and keep them staring at it for hours with very active and peacefull fish i love schooling fish and i think it's awesome when they chase your finger some of my favourite fish are gouramis.

So for this tank i have has a few ideas and please suggestions and comments,or even better ideas for fish in the tank that is more then welcome!

Dwarf gourami x 2
Rubber lip pleco x 1
Cory cats x 6
Neon tetras x 8
Guppies x 5
Platys x 5
Zebra danios x 6
Kuhli loach x 3

I was thinking that this would be a very colorfull tank,but if you have any suggestions or better ideas for fish please let me know

kinda semi aggressive tank

pictus catfish x 4
blue gourami x 1
pleco x 1
angels x 2

any ideas i like the pictus ..too tired to think i got work tomorrow night yall
note: I will have lots of plant's and caves/drift wood for my fish to hide in either way.

hope to hear back from you guys take care.

itsakeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:13 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm a huge fan of the clown loach myself these guys always keep me entertained.
But if you want to have an eye catching tank then I would do an African Cichlids tank.
Hands down best colors, they can be aggressive but if you spend a lot of time with them they aren't as much.
HAVAMAL is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« new to site | Hello »