Greetings, my fishy friends!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kevtacular

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all! My name is Kevin, and I'm happy to be a new member of the AA community. :)

I've been keeping freshwater fish for somewhere around 17 years now but haven't been very active in the hobby for the past several years. I have only 3 fish in a 30 gallon at this point -- 2 kribs and a bristlenose.

I suppose I've been waiting for inspiration to strike, and it recently did -- in the form of my girlfriend! :) She has kept betas for a few years, but has never been serious about the hobby until she recently had a beta die and we started talking about what kind of fish she could replace him with. Next thing you know we were both getting excited about the possibilities, and by the end of the day, we had purchased a 105 gallon aquarium! Funny how quickly fish fever can take hold (again)!

So anyway, that's a quick intro. This looks like a great community with a lot of knowledgable and helpful people. I'm sure I'll post some questions as I'm planning the new aquarium!

Hi Kevin and welcome to AA. Also welcome back to the hobby. It is an addiction, something that never really goes away!!. It's great that your girlfriend has a passion for fish also. I wish my girlfriend had the passion too!!!

Thanks for the welcome, Ian! Yes, it is indeed addictive. And now that I'm shopping for supplies for the new tank, I'm reminded how expensive it can be! I predict a large hit on my next few pay checks!! Lol

Welcome! Glad you got back into the hobby! Looking forward to seeing the tank set up!

Hey, thanks bmarine! I'll be sure to post a pic once I have one I'm proud of. :D

Thanks for the tip, Pisces...

Back
Top Bottom