guess it is time to say Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Unicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey ya'll from Orlando FL (originally from Germany)

I've been reading in here for quiet a while now whenever I wanted to learn more random stuff or needed help. Just recently I started becoming more active though

I have a (tiny) 30g SW reef tank. I would love to upgrade to a 120g but unless somebody secretly would drop off one in our driveway, my boyfriend wont let me buy one LOL

Best Wishes, unicorn :cool:

Thx guys

@carey: thats great! You have a FW aquarium if I remember correctly, right?!

I have one of each for now. lol

haha, good for you (y)
sadly my boyfriend is preventing me from becoming crazy cat-fish lady (pun intended), but i'm not giving up my hope LOL

BTW, how did ur tank handle the o4 hurricane season? I got mine after that time, but i'm wondering what I should do if that happeneds :shock:

Welcome aboard... Hey I know how you feel about your second half not letting you get the tank size that you want. Well mine finally gave in and said I could have my 180 gal tank. But have not bought it yet because of all the cost in the equipment needed for that size of tank.

Welcome aboard... Hey I know how you feel about your second half not letting you get the tank size that you want. Well mine finally gave in and said I could have my 180 gal tank. But have not bought it yet because of all the cost in the equipment needed for that size of tank.

well, first off CONGRATZ!
I'm still fighting, but I know sooner or later he shall give in MUHAHAHA

Good luck with getting all your stuff together, I know the financial part is tough, juts do it slowly ;)

I just moved her in 06 so I wasn't here for the hurricanes. I didn't even think of that til now. Wow. That would be horrible if power went out for a few days. I'll have to consider that a bit more and see if theres anything that could be done.

Yes those Hurricanes are something you don't want to endur. We don't get as many as Florida does but down here in Texas (Galveston-Houston) we do get our share. During Ike people were without electricity for well over a week. So you will want to get either back up generators or battery pack for the air. Others that have experienced power outages might want to chime in here... She will need all the advise there is for that.

I just moved her in 06 so I wasn't here for the hurricanes. I didn't even think of that til now. Wow. That would be horrible if power went out for a few days. I'll have to consider that a bit more and see if theres anything that could be done.

well, i figured the pump and light will be hooked up to my generator. No need for the heater as the temp in the house will increase anyways, just gotta keep a close eye on it... lets just hope it wont happen.
Maybe another member here has SW-hurricane experience ?!?!

@mwilliams: thnx!!! In o4 our power was gone for 2 weeks!!! But that was out in the rural area. i moved closer to a more populated area, so I hope it wont be as long as back then.
I think the most important thing is gonna be the generator

Back
Top Bottom