Handycapable Aquarist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

handiquarium

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I'm trying to resume my hobby of fish keeping after a near fatal accident. And honestly, I'm struggling because the hobby just wasn't made for some of us. But hey, I'm here (literally and figuratively). I'd like to remake all the tanks I had that went to pot while I was away, but now that I have more kids, that's not going to happen...or is it...? We shall see!

My interests are plants, gouramis, and "exotic" ways of doing things. My new interest is shrimp and moss. And acquiring new tanks. I hate to play the "handicapped card", but my husband is supportive in all this because he thinks it will make me happy. So if I have to spend some money on ridiculous overpriced item and I have to have it, well, he's ok with it. And you know the rule, if momma ain't happy...Or maybe he's just paying it forward for me indulging him in his hobbies.

I'd be curious to meet new members and maybe network with people with similar interests, or people who just look for new friends. Not to be too niche or clique-y, I'd also like to meet some disabled or handiquarium keepers. I know I've got problems related to water changes just little things like that and all.

So hello everyone!
Handiquarium

welcome to AA! Sorry to hear about the accident. i also like gouramis, plants exotic ways of doing things, and shrimp. plus i love new friends.

welcome to AA! :D we're glad to have you here

as far as water changes, you should look into getting a Python (no spill n fill or something like that). that way you can avoid the whole bucket brigade deal. assuming you would be able to reach the faucet and inside the tank, it's something you could probably do alone.

there are also some great DIY tank stand build threads on here. you can use the plans and just make them shorter so getting inside your tanks and viewing will be easier and more enjoyable :) (that is... if you are wheelchair-bound :))

again, welcome

Hi Handiquarium, Welcome to AA, what's your first name?? we are a friendly bunch on, there are lots of knowledgeable aquarists on here who are happy to help in any way they can, so if you have questions don't be afraid to ask. have fun!!.

Pete

welcometoaa.gif

Back
Top Bottom