Happy New Year!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yanksphan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone - I grew up around tanks as a kid (my Dad always had one). My son asked for a tank for his birthday this past summer, so we put together a nice 20g community tank that he still maintains.

While researching his tank, I started reading about cichlids - and to make a long story short, within a few months I had a 40g breeder stocked with a dozen Mbuna.

40g.jpg

I recently inherited a 120g reef-ready tank that I will be cleaning and then moving the Mbuna to (along with some new friends of course). The tank came with everything for a salt-water setup, but I'll just be using the wet/dry and the pump. All the plumbing will need to be replaced, as well as a good cleaning.

IMG_2086.jpg

Oh - I'll also be building this tank into the wall of our family room with complete access from a utility/storage room behind.

I'm sure I'll have quite a few questions for this endeavor as I've never owned a tank quite this large, or with a sump system.

Thanks!
Rob

Welcome to the forum :) nice tanks! And Happy New year.

55 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank

Back
Top Bottom