Harvestor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vpadfsu

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I live in St Kitts and Nevis, east caribbean. My first sw fishtank. 10 galllon, aquaclear filter 30, florecent light, snorkle, fins, and mask. I harvest from the ocean. Im see how this goes. Got bunch of awsome live rocks, Some reef hermit crabs and snails, starfish, two fish, purple fan coral, bartholomea annulata, 3 fan worms.

Update!!!

my juvenile amberjack died...i think bc of the stress(small tank for something that avg 120 lbs but i didnt know i caught a freaking amberjack with my bare hands when all my life ive used a 20ft boat and a pole. The starfish ate his body...normal?
I have another fish in there...i think hes a demsel(sp?) Growing fast and healthy but cant really tell since hes a junvenile. I post some pictures of him.
My fan coral was thriving until my starfish decided to eat half the coral. Pretty much killed it after eating the bottom half of it. Whatever section the starfish was chillin on turned brown. After about day the rest started decomposing.
I added about 10 coral hemit crabs. 5 coral snails. Couple more pieces of live rock. Everything looks healthy. Im post some pictures in a little bit of my new setup.

Stage 4

My 10 gallon salt water tank is thriving. Been taking care of my tank like its a baby. Probably the reason it hasnt crashed...knocking on wood after saying that. Only problems ive had since starting tank...brown and green algae but all have cycled out. Not a single spot of algae as i speak now. The algae stage lasted about 2 weeks. I would say the main cause was the st kitts bottle water i was using had nitrate in it prob some other shiiiit. Best way i learned to get rid of the algae was do water changes 20% about once a week using ocean water. Anyways if anyone wants to check out the different stages of my tank visit youtube and search " vpad fish tank ". I just posted my final stage from yseterday..stage 4. heres a current picture.

Attachments

• P1010153.jpg
    P1010153.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom