hawaii crew living in northern cali.. .newbies here on site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonGobySista

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Aloha!
Im deijah {Boo} & My hubby is chris. we love the aquatic life. He's a at home hydro and land framer indoor and out. He learned how check ph levels and othdr stuff like hatdnes ppm. im not sure rest. still learning, thank goodness for him, he picket it up quick cycled and everything. Neither of us still doing as much more research. Thats why i joined. found you all on bing.
Currenty were in a small town in nor cal both on a limited monthly income. we have dogs, a rat and 4 tanks:
1-5gallon with 3 kinds of tree frogs weve had since tadpoles. 1-10 gallon for a cuban tree frog.
1-10gallon with a common goldfish and rosy red minnows both we got as leftover feederfish. we like them so we kept them. all getting kinda big. i also have 2 black, a jade and a gold mystery snails and som pond ones we got from some plants we got. didnt know till we saw snails. a few plants, mos, rocks set up as caves, 2 small deco, 30gallon hob filter with sponges. a water curtain air pump.
1-10 gal with a crayfish and 2 mystery snails (jade and black) & a dragon goby. Im a little:frog::hugs: upset tho bc Walmart did say anything abouy it being a brackish water fish. No one there knew what i was talking about. fish that has been return dont lar for but a day. which is sad. weve had him for a few months now. cant afford a brackish tank right now but couldnt bear for him to die so soon. and since they were the fish of the month a few months ago and my hubby wanted it. when i did research, they i found out the can get 15" in captivity. which they didnt mention. we cant afford to go brackish since wed need another tank we cant afford. especially the extra kit for testing. i need the saltwater kit i hear and a hdrometer for specific gravity. doest seem that complicated now i been studying mire. no on seems toknow what brackish means arounsd here so i cannot give him away. so we kept him. My boo offered to build a 55/75 gallon brackish tank so dragon has room. trying to put together the money\parts we find. anyway wanna stock with orange chromide<one maybe 2> the dragon and nerite snails. wanted amano or rudoph shrimp but think theyll be eaten before i could enjoy them. im worried we may not make it in time since i hear if he dont have brackish soon...he'll die. so working on that.
Anyhow, tank has a few deco plants, cave, half blue gravel with caves for crayfish Whos a really good girl. gets along well. Dragon has a few caves and sand on half of bottom tank.
Dragon isnt really mine, but my fave next to my mystery snails.

Well thats us for the most part. Aloha again to everyone, excited to be here. sorry so winded
Mahalo!

Back
Top Bottom