Heads up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Demonknight

Aquarium Advice Freak
New to the forums, not so new to Fish tanks... That said, most of my tanks have been int he 20 gallon range with the powerhead/undergravel filter setups or the odd hang-on type.

I bought a 125 gallon tank awhile back and have begun to build a filter system for it and now at the point I get to annoy people with what will amount to stupid, basic questions on canister filters, lights, co2, and plants.

Currently the only tank my son and I have setup is a small 10 gallon with two red Dwarf Gouramis and a pair of Caridina japonica shrimp, some "micro swords" , some kind of plant that I'm not sure of the name just yet and a bit of wood from the 125 gallon that I cut down and mounted to a slate tile.

Hey welcome! How's it going with the 2 dwarf gouramis? Usually they get pretty territorial and fight a lot, espeically in a tank that small. They get along ok?

Oddly enough I thought they were fighting today..one was way at the bottom of the tank and the other was higher...then I noticed a large bubble nest in the corner right above the tank heater :roll: not what I was expecting three or four days after bring them home anyway. So a bit of moving them around (not setup for this at all) one has now moved into the betas tank and he got stuck into a fish bowl for the moment.

in fact I was going to ask if I should be able to "see" anything in the bubbles that make up the nest, or if it would take a day or two.

Oh are you thinking they are a male and a female? Unlikely. Like male bettas they make bubbles nests sometimes even when a female isn't around. If they are both brightly colored then they are both males. This usually happens where after a short while they begin to fight. I would take one back to the store if you can.

Back
Top Bottom