Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

W8INLINE

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I am a recovering aquarium addict :bowl::p:bowl: ....

It all started 6 years ago when my then 3 year old wanted a small aquarium. I ended up with a 25gallon kit and 2-300 dollars worth of rocks fake plants and castles...lol...

I was so hooked, it wasnt long before I got a 29 gallon for a planted experiment. I had tetras, otto's, rams and angels in it while my experience grew and allowing me to take care of discus.By then Co2 systems, $300+ lighting systems etc. had totaled up to over $1500...not a child's hobby anymore I guess...:rolleyes:
By then I was in it for over a year, and under 30g tanks seemed like betta bowls to me.

So I went out and got a 55g since I wanted to put together a SA cichlid community. The funny thing is that I liked the planted tank AND liked a severum tank I was planning on building.

That's when I decided to transfer the planted tank to the 55g and get ANOTHER tank (75g.) for the sevs. I found myself with four tanks fully stocked and nowhere to put them. I blame my son for it all ;) ;) ;)

So I got this bright idea. Take everything I had, buy a 150 gallon tank and put everything in it.

The wife and kids wanted something new though....so I thought of giving african cichlids a try. I was lucky that the lfs took all the old fish back.
The only problem I have is with the aquascape. I like natural looking scapes, but the "boss" (he is 9 now) wanted to add the old castles etc.

My goal is to get a couple of years out of this and then switch to what I always wanted... a reef!!!!

I just don't think I am knowledgable enough yet for the saltwater jump....but I know it will be in the 150 gallon since it's designed as a wall unit in my kitchen area.

I'll try to post pics soon.

sorry for the loooong post.

Welcome to AA! Sounds like you've progressed quite a bit so far, and yes, we love pictures here!!! :)

welcometoaa.gif

Welcome to AA! IME, you are suffering from MTS (multiple tank syndrome), to which I haven't found a cure, just more tanks. :)

Back
Top Bottom