Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tabitha6921

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I need help with my Jebo Protein skimmer

I am new here was looking for some help on a protein skimmer I just purchased off of ebay. I currently have a 46 bow front salt water tank. We have 2 false clowns one black and one orange, 2 engineer gobys, 1 algae blenny and a 6 line wrasse.

We couldnt seem to keep Coral alive so we have purchased a Jebo 180 hang on Protein skimmer. My problem is I cannot get it to collect any scum. If i turn the bubbles up my tank fills with them and seems to disturb the fish. We are getting bubbles in the chamber foaming a little bit but not enough to collect anything. And if i adjust it for hardly and bubbles in my tank then the chamber looks as if it dosnt have any bubbles either. We are kinda new to the Protein skimmer. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much
Tabitha

Last edited:
Welcome Tabitha! I'm a freshwater person, so can't help with your question, but if you haven't already, post in one the more specific sw forums. You may have better luck getting a response there. In the meantime, browse and enjoy! Karen.

hey it will take time to collect over about a week i d go and check it. do you know what kind of skimmer you have?... just try to set it up the way you were told how to and leave it alone it works slowly well atleast mine does but its a huge help and it definitley helps put o2 in the water good luck

Do me a favor and post your question about the skimmer over in the General Hardware and equipment discussion forum. This is just the Welcome forum. BTW welcome aboard.

Back
Top Bottom