Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkbait_Ls1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all. Just randomly found this website and need a question answered. My ne is Cody, I'm 21 and just recently bought a 55 gallon fish tank that's a few years old and already pretty established. It's got live rock two mated perculia(SP?) clownfish a smooth serpeant starfish a rabbit fish a ton of mushrooms and some polyp grass stuff and some type of firetail fish??? I'll get some pics up and a video. I don't have lights strong enough for enemones or coral. I rearanged my rock two nights ago and I think I found an enemone under one of my rocks. It's clear with white buds on it. I have feather dusters on my rocks as well and Its definitely not aptasia. I mentioned this was my first tank right?
EDIT: INSERTED PICTURES...
2dh8fwm.jpg

2qnnqzm.jpg

28w8bc.jpg

AND a short video...
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

That sounds cool, can wait to see the tank. And welcome to AA.

Are you sure the little anenome you found is not apastia? Because that what its sounds like when you describe it?

I'm pretty sure it is not. let me load the picture. It'll take a minute. I sure hope it isn't any way. CRAP. Now I'm worried!

ok here it is...is that aptasia?! god I'm worried. I'm guessing it is. but I didn't think it was?????
i2n5w0.jpg

Is it is that thing under the rock i would not worry. I can not see it perfectly but it looks like a anenome to me. If you really want to know go post that pic in the identification section and see what people say. But ya, don't worry, it lookslike a anenome to me. But if you can get a better picture that might help. But again, i would not worry.

Like i said, if you want more hits on what it is go make a thread in the identification part in the saltwater section and there are SW pros on here that should tell you what it is. Make sure to post that pic.

Is it is that thing under the rock i would not worry. I can not see it perfectly but it looks like a anenome to me. If you really want to know go post that pic in the identification section and see what people say. But ya, don't worry, it lookslike a anenome to me. But if you can get a better picture that might help. But again, i would not worry.

that's some relief! I'll post it in the identification thread as well.

thanks. them two and the rabbit fish have been together for I believe around 5 years. I bought this set up from someone else who seems to have kept it stable. They are probably my favorite in my tank, but I really enjoy my Rabbit fish quite well.

Back
Top Bottom