Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ACReefs

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I just now found you guys and registered - I have an event to post for RAS (Raleigh Aquarium Society) and I was wondering is there a place I can do that in here?

Thanks!

Thanks guys! =) I have been on the local forum for the carolinas for years - and I have been getting into doing a lot of cool events lately - both for the club I am the current vp of (RAS) and soon, Reefsmart, and I figured other forums would probably like to know! =0

Alright so I guess let me tell you a bit about myself as my warm welcome message suggested. (How nice!) I have been keeping saltwater almost excusively for I guess maybe almost seven years now... I worked in stores that sold saltwater since before then, but the bug really bit me hard when I was 22 and worked at the first salt-only store in our area (got the job there right when they phased out their freshwater section) and three or so years later I opened the doors to a store of my own with big dreams of one day providing all aquaculture. (Of course I had learned too much of what goes on on the industry by then)

Now, three years or so after that, after closing the store and trying my hand at distributing wholesale for a local farmer (The Reef Farm) I have become convinced that the retail businesses aren't quite as ready to go whole hog on AC like I am. =/ So it is back to retail again - this time pulling no punches and distrubiting only aquaculture, no more "maybe someday" and we'll see how that works out. If not, hey, try try again, like the popular quote "I have a dream"

Anyway, so there is the history, I guess you can figure how many tanks I have had or maintained for customers in this time - and the gallonage goes up or down constantly, lol - just set up a firefish breeding tank as the newest additon. My fiancee got bit by the same bug, fortunately, so no worries there thank goodness! =0

Thanks for letting me post the club event - that's awesome you have a local sub-forum! =) I'll put something on here about ReefSmart as well when it is time - and if anyone has any news about something they have aquacultured or a pair of fish they might have breeding - please let me know I'd love to discuss it! Of course, if anyone would like to see if I might have had an experience with something they are trying to do, please let me know! =) Whew that was long, seems like it took as long to type as it did to do, lol!

Back
Top Bottom