Hello.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RnLGG

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, as you can see, I'm new to this site, and rather new to keeping fish.
I currently only have a 10 gallon tank with a betta, a few White Cloud Mountain Minnows, and a Chinese Algae Eater I got not too long ago. I am fully aware that the Chinese Algae Eater is going to get much larger and get very aggressive and I'm planning on getting it a larger tank. I'd like to have a shot on keeping these fish!

Welcome to AA! Glad you joined.

One problem I see, the minnows need water temps around 70 or so, and the betta needs 78+.

Welcome to AA! Glad you joined.

One problem I see, the minnows need water temps around 70 or so, and the betta needs 78+.

The tank stays at around 74-75, and I only got 3 minnows in the first place, mainly to see if my betta would show aggression to other fish. I've paid close attention to how both fish were for the first few weeks and they seemed fine. They are still doing great for what I think is now 3-4 months.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, I'm getting a 20 gallon tank soon, would that be big enough for my chinese algae eater? Getting a tank over 20 gallons is not an option really.

Thanks in advance!

Well, glad to hear they are doing okay then!

The CAE will need a tank size of 55G or more when it get's bigger. I would think about re-homing him now before he gets giant. Or maybe the pet shop would take him back? I know it sucks to have to think about having to get a bigger tank for such a small (for now) fish, as I went thru the same thing not too long ago....Thankfully I was able to get a 75G tank for free.

Back
Top Bottom