Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SnailPowered

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, where to start. I am currently in the Army and have been since 2004. I am on my second deployment and I am in Mosul, Iraq. I am stationed out of Fort Stewart, Ga and I have a 12 gallon and a 75 gallon fish tank in my storage unit waiting for some other crazy set up. Being that I am in the military and I am quite often gone for several days if not weeks I am looking for a very low maintenance aquarium set up. I have had several aquariums over the last four years. I would really like to set up a salt water tank but everyone that I have talked to has told me that you can't be gone for long at all if there is no one to take care of your tank. I am interested in converting the seventy five gallon tank to salt water on my own, or possibly even a freshwater tank with a refugium(sp?). The other tank I was thinking of setting up with bumblebee gobies or possibly something very colorful like Neon Tetras. I have not done nearly enough shopping to know many different kinds of fish and this is my first honest attempt to educate myself beyond asking the people at the pet store. All help and ideas are greatly appreciated!! Thank you all.

Welcome aboard and Thank you for your service. You might want to post any questions in the FW forums. Not everyone makes it to the welcome wagon here.

Welcome to AA and Thank you for your service. I'm retired Navy and we use to drive the Marines around "because they get loss easily"...Just kidding, lol

Oh ouch burn, well atleast we were the mens dept of the navy. Haha I'm sure we could go all day but in all honesty I've served with some of the best people on those ships. Had a blast too.

Same Here. Some how I only remember the best of times.
Take care..

Back
Top Bottom