hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaymie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, my name is Jaymie and i just registered here. I am a Betta breeder and been doing it for about a year now. i have 3 males and 3 females and currently have 1 week old fry. I am a retired Marine and a definite fish lover;)

ty dkpate, may i ask a question? I have 1 week old bettas and for the most part i know what i am doing, but with all the contradicting internet answers, its hard to know it all. I have read that snails are not good to put in my 10gl fry nursery tank and some say its ok. Also, again, i have read where i need aquarium salt and other a say no. PLEASE!!!!!!!! would love any and all advice.

Nooooo to the salt. After being in salt for more than 10 days, the bettas kidneys start shutting down. :(
I don't see why snails would be bad. They don't eat the babies and they clean up. :) What did the places on the net say about why you shouldn't have them?
All I have heard about bettas, is that the people who I knew who bred them did a 25% water change every day, and fed them daphnia. :)

they didn't say why they just all recommended that people don't put them in with the fry. Like i said a lot of contradiction, but i have stopped surfing the web, because it is starting to drive me nuts so i am staying with this site. Is there a particular type of snail to put in the tank? Also i don't want to get over run with them. thank you for your time

Hmmm, well in a betta tank, you could go with malaysian trumpet snails, and not worry about being overrun since it's kind of hard to over feed bettas. ;) MTS are good cleaners, and I will never have another tank without them. :)

Back
Top Bottom