Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Apollo1K9

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hola!

I'm fairly new to marine aquariums, and my interest is going nowhere but up. I've been around fish for a good portion of my life, but only freshwater until just over a month ago.

I currently have a 10 gallon FOWLR tank with 11lbs of LR, 10 or so lbs of LS, incandescent hood lighting, and an Aqua Tech 5-15. I wasn't originally planning to go marine with this tank, so what I have will have to do for now. I have a Green Spotted Puffer @ 2", a Purple Firefish @ 2.5", HAD a Sixline Wrasse @ 2", but he became a douche so we took him back to the reef store. We'll get another one later. As far as inverts, I have a Skunk Cleaner Shrimp @ 2", an Emerald Crab @ 1.5", 7-9 assorted hermits, and 7-9 assorted snails. The hermit and snail numbers change on a weekly basis, as they keep getting eaten, lol.

I have a 75 gallon tank/stand that I'm buying soon, which will be a reef tank, and will have a 4' Corallife compact fluorescent fixture on it with 2x 50/50 and 2x actinic bulbs on it. There will also be a Fluval 203 and a Fluval 305 on it. Should have pretty clean water and end up being an awesome tank after it is fully stocked! My goal for the corals is basically to grow acros... so gorgeous! :-D

I'd also like to eventually start breeding Banggai Cardinals, as they are more-than-likely going to end up on the CITES ban list one of these days.

Anyways, thanks for having me in your community!

Back
Top Bottom