Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-31-2010, 05:41 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello : )

Hello, i am Danielle and i am from Australia. i came across this site because i wanted information in regards to changing filters from internal to external and then had ammonia problems when i added new fish, which is slowly getting better. A big thanks for all the advice so far it has helped heaps.

I start with a small 60L tank which i had some guppies, red tail shark, platy, neons and a pepper cory (which looking back was overstocked). so now i have up graded to a 150L tank which i started about 2 months ago and yes i will admit i was one of those people who didnt wait to cycle my tank before adding my fish. but i got through that after doing research and have learnt my lesson.

now that has been just over a month and a half and i added a couple of new fish.i knew that my ammonia would rise as the fliter needed to make more bacteria but as my thread stated it didnt seem to drop and rose to 4ppm. but now is down to 1ppm (which i know is still high but it is getting there)

so that is where i am at!

oh and a silly question but can pepper cory and panda cory breed together. i know they are the same breed but they are different froms of cory. just asking as my pepper cory has layed eggs and i only have one of each. and i did look up on the net but didnt really give me a answer

dannii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:21 AM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Welcome aboard. You might want to post your questions in the FW area. You`ll get more answers there.

melosu58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:54 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Another saltie here, but
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:13 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to AA!
My tanks: 120 Reef w/L2 Algae Scrubber, 60 Reef Pond w/floating Algae Scrubber, 40 Breeder Reef w/L2 UAS Tester Algae Scrubber
I maintain: 144 SW Reef w/L2 Algae Scrubber | 200 SW Reef w/L4 Algae Scrubber
Special knowledge: Algae Scrubbers, Acrylic Fabrication
Floyd R Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:16 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
hello and welcome
If you put off what you can do today until tomorrow it will never get done cause tomorrow never comes. It's always today.
FishEggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:02 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
Welcome to AA!

Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com