Hello, 13g freshwater starter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

csig76

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all! I am a new member here from Long Island, NY. I have a almost 3 yr old autistic son who loves going to the local aquarium so much that his teachers and therapist go along with us and do lessons there as it is the one of few places that he is at peace and somewhat able to focus at the task hand. With that being said my wife and I thought he would really love a tank at home for him to enjoy and "relax" too. We purchased a 13g wide view tank from our local PS. So far, it has been a huge success with my son as he sits in front of it throughout the day and enjoys. I too have been enjoying it! I can defiantly see us upgrading in the future to a bigger tank as it's only been a month but I am hooked. I currently have it stocked with 2 tiger barbs, 2 glass red barbs and another that I believe is some type of molly(bright orange). All has been a success except when testing my nitrites are way too high. (Well over 2ppm)Ammonia is almost 0 and nitrate is at 15ish ppm. I have not lost any fish except a Cory catfish the first week. I have been doing partial water changes (25-50%)almost very other day to try and battle the nitrite issue. Any comments or suggestions about my setup/nitrite issue would be great! Thanks in advance and look forward to being a active member in this very helpful community!

Back
Top Bottom