Hello...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madrhy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Everyone,

I'm Lauren, I live in Wollongong Australia (a bit south of Sydney) With my husband and 2 kids. We've had a yabby (freshwater crayfish) tank about for a while but last week we went to buy hay for the guinea pigs and came home with a big male yabby, too big for the little tank we had our remaining female in SO that started a bit of a series of events :D

The yabbies went into the bigger tank we had in the garage (those things are tough so straight into the clean tank was no problem). We had a little tank sitting there all ready to go and looking empty so with a water change some plants and a heater we put some guppies and neons in. Soon it was looking TOO small, especially with a couple of pregnant guppies in there! so off we went and bought a 160L corner tank, oh the money we have spent...

At this stage we're cycling the new tank in preparation for our fishy friends and once they are moved in there we'll use the little one as a breeding tank/nursery. This looks like a great forum, full of so much information and inspiration so I figured I'd sign up so I can ask any questions that are bound to come up along the way :)

Hello Lauren,
Welcome to AA.
And your not alone, most of us started with 1 small tank and then they multiplied.
I started with 1 fish and 1 Tank. That 1 turned into a 55g community tank, which became an African Cichlid tank. Then Some one gave us 4 Tinfoil Barbs. Not knowing what they were or how big they'd get we got another 55g. Unfortunately the Barbs didn't live.
So now we are in the process of making it an Angelfish tank with a couple of small schools of Widow Tetras and Emperor Tetras.
Fish and tanks have become like potato chips, no one can have just one.
And your right about AA. I joined 1/1/2011 and I've met some great people from all over the world and some just a state away.
There are people here that are willing to share their experience and knowledge freely. I've leaned a lot in the last 2&1/2 months. I'm sure you will too. We're happy to have you here.

Thanks Mike & WendiDell, good to know I'm not the only one a touch addicted lol

We are so much more than a touch addicted. They don't call this AA for nothin.
We just got our second 55g tank in Oct. and we are already talking about replacing the 2-55g with 2-80g or 2-100g. Bigger is always better when it comes to aquariums.
ENJOY

Back
Top Bottom