Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jakebrake3202

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey I'm new, both to the forum and to advanced aquariums. I've always had simple setups such as a beta and a snail in a small tank, but I've been wanting to move to some more interesting fish.

My tank is about 3.5 gallons so I know my options are more limited, but this seemed like a good place to get some aquarium advice :)
I'll attach a pic of my tank.

-Jake

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great place to start. I am learning so much... Welcome :)

welcome to AA :).IMO,a 3.5 is too small for a betta,most people on here(including me)will say a 5 gallon minimum for bettas.but yo could do a shrimp only tank,they can be very cool looking.

welcome to AA :).IMO,a 3.5 is too small for a betta,most people on here(including me)will say a 5 gallon minimum for bettas.but yo could do a shrimp only tank,they can be very cool looking.

What kind of shrimp would you recommend? I've thought about that before nobody I've talked to knows anything about shrimp.

ghost shrimp are good if your just getting started,they dont breed as readily as RCS (red cherry shrimp) but there really cheap(i get them for 75 cents,and that is kinda pricey for them)so if you screw up you wont lose a lot of money.there also a lot more readily availible than basically all other shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom