Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaTony

Aquarium Advice Activist
My name is Tony and my favorite fish is my Betta, Shadow Tail. He's a crowntail Betta with a black tail, which is the only reason y I bought him in the first place. Anyways I have him in a 1.5gal and he seems to be a little shy of me. I just bought him yesterday, he keeps making bubbles and won't eat. When I first saw him in a cup, he seems sorta dead but Becuz of his tail I bought him. I'm tryin to make him do tricks but planning to let him feel comfortable first and let him eat first. Btw I had 8 guppies fry and now I only got 4, so he probably ate them. I took the fry out.

hello? I am so happy to meet you all here!

i am very worried about my discus and need immediate advice. I am MOM to a 180 gal fish-only tank, a 72 gal reef tank with fishies, and two, one couple-only discus tank. my two year old female discus is in the hospital, four days/nights now, and I can't lose her! i'm treating with epsom, R.O. changes, and she's eating just the few flakes every ten hours. Please help?!!

What are you treating her for? What kind of symptoms does she have, Jan? Do you know for sure it is a bacterial vs viral/fungal infection?

My name is Tony and my favorite fish is my Betta, Shadow Tail. He's a crowntail Betta with a black tail, which is the only reason y I bought him in the first place. Anyways I have him in a 1.5gal and he seems to be a little shy of me. I just bought him yesterday, he keeps making bubbles and won't eat. When I first saw him in a cup, he seems sorta dead but Becuz of his tail I bought him. I'm tryin to make him do tricks but planning to let him feel comfortable first and let him eat first. Btw I had 8 guppies fry and now I only got 4, so he probably ate them. I took the fry out.

You have all of those fish together in a 1.5 gal tank? Some bettas get along with other fish but some don't. You have to be careful, esp with fry. Honestly, your betta would probably enjoy a larger tank. 5 gal at the least in my opinion, no matter what the pet stores tell you. But a ten gal would be even better. That way you can have a cycled tank, although you really shouldn't cycle a tank WITH a betta in it. You are going to be looking at daily water changes in a tank that small. Are you using dechlorinator such as Prime in your water? Otherwise the chlorine in your water is toxic. What sort of food are you feeding him? Most bettas (but not all) won't eat flakes. Hikari Betta Gold is a good pellet food. Also frozen blood worms once in a while.

I keep my betta in a 23 gal tank with some african dwarf frogs and two bristlenose plecos. They don't bother each other and he has lots of room to swim around and lots of live plants to lay on.:fish2:

Lots of good information on this forum and lots of helpful people. So welcome Tony and ask away!

Back
Top Bottom