Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jordy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello forum,
My name is Jordan (hence my username). I’m 13 and I have been raising fish and turtles for 8 years. Right now, my 8 guppies, 2 6 inch turtles, and common Pleco live in a (rather crowded) 55 gallon. Luckily, to compensate for the crowded conditions, they have 3 filters- An aquatech (rated for 60 gallons), a Cascade 500 canister filter, and a small marineland that I like to use for a bio filter.
I am getting everything ready for a 1000 gallon pond that will be placed in my backyard. In the summer, my turtles and possibly my Pleco will live in said pond. During the winter the Pleco will reside in the 55 gallon that will then be a community aquarium. The turtles will hibernate in a 200 gallon stock tank.
I used to (inadvertently) breed guppies and tetras. However, that tank has been “shut down” because of a terrible and unexpected ammonia spike/bacteria bloom/algae bloom. I still don’t know how that happened, it was running for 8 years and nothing was done to cause it. Fortunately, the guppies, tetras, Pleco, and Chinese algae eater all survived.
Thank you for reading this and I will be posting in another forum about a slight problem I have had with the 55 gallon. I hope to become an active member here and learn something new about the care of my fish.
:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom