Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vtec17

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, this is the first forum i have joined so i dont know if i will be much use to anyone out there but im more than happy to listen to advice! Only been doing this 6 mths and it seems i still havent learnt anything :)

Welcome to AA! Tell us a bit about your tanks, we'd be happy to help you learn! (and as a hint... We love pictures! ;))

Hi - tank is nothing to shout about - 110 L (25 G) setup with a Fluval 205 Ext Filter, Aqua Fx Led Lighting, 5 Platys, 1 Red Tail Shark, 1 small loach (given to me) and a Black Ghostknife fish , will take some pics as soon as i learn how to upload !!

Um, I hate to say it, but you're looking to need an upgrade. Red tailed sharks need a 55 gallon minimum, and ghost knifes need even bigger!

Your advice is appreciated - both are relatively small at mo (2.5 inch) so im hoping all will be ok until funds allow for upgrade ?

Hopefully, but I'd definitely work on the upgrade. Usually, once you've had a fish in a small environment for over a year, it gets stunted. Stunting is a painful condition in which the fish stops growing, but it's organs continue to grow. It ultimately kills the fish because the organs implode. That's the gross way to say it any ways lol. Also, when you set up your new tank, check out the link in my signature (or if you're on the app just tell me) on fishless cycling, so you don't kill your little fishies when you upgrade.

Homedog98 said:
Hopefully, but I'd definitely work on the upgrade. Usually, once you've had a fish in a small environment for over a year, it gets stunted. Stunting is a painful condition in which the fish stops growing, but it's organs continue to grow. It ultimately kills the fish because the organs implode. That's the gross way to say it any ways lol. Also, when you set up your new tank, check out the link in my signature (or if you're on the app just tell me) on fishless cycling, so you don't kill your little fishies when you upgrade.

Thanks for advice - will certainly look at bigger tank don't want to cause any suffering - just goes to show that you shouldn't always listen the shop !

Back
Top Bottom