Hello!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crimsonsunshine

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had my tank for about 6 months, and bought it off a guy who couldn't keep up with it. I absolutely love it, when I got it tho, it was just the live rock and sand. I test weekly, everything is great, but have noticed an overgrowth of fire worms. I worry a bit, with the fish and coral, but they seem to leave everything but the rocks and algae alone. Is this something to worry about in the future? I've read that bristle worms eat fish and coral, just added a couple more cleaners and they seem to be keeping them at bay. Should I set a trap? Yesterday I was watching for about 2 min. and counted ~20 of the little buggers. One was about 4" long. I don't want the firefish to die a horrible death. However, the mushroom coral is growing like crazy and everyone seems to be quite happy. Should I let them be or nip the problem now?

Oh, here's the stats: 30 gal. 2 firefish, 1 psychedelic goby, 1 banded serpent star, 1 brittle star, 5 peppermint shrimp, 2 hermit crabs, mushroom coral, 25 lbs. live rock

Hello and welcome!

When I started stocking my 29 gallon I noticed a lot of bristleworms. They make traps for them that you can get at your LFS. What I did though was borrow a Banded coral shrimp from my LFS and he demolished the entire bristleworm population within days. I wouldve kept him but he became very angry with the world so I took the guy back. Maybe he was upset that there were no more BW's for him to eat.

Back
Top Bottom