Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ALS

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I'm ALS and new here. I have always wanted an Aquarium but never taken the time to get it started. I thought it would be way too much trouble.

Lately I have been working on a couple of websites I own and came across some info on the benefits of a digital aquarium for children with Autism. My cousin has two little twin girls and one is Autistic. I am now so anxious to start my aquarium and share what I learn with my cousin and her family.

As I learn more on Aquarium care I do hope I can share a bit of knowledge
with other new members here at this site.

Thank You.. ALS

Welcome! good for you for doing your research first before starting up an aquarium. You'll find lots of helpful info here

Reactions: ALS
Thank you for the nice welcome.

I do not have the Aquarium started yet as I know I have a lot to learn and do not want the fish to suffer though my mistakes.

I do want this to be enjoyable for my grand children so I hope to have various sizes and colors of fish. And of course the clown fish is extremely popular with the children. Fist I intend to learn about the clown fish and what might be compatible with it along with proper care for this fish.

I do have a full time job so I am very limited as to time. I am hoping to change this within the next year to part-time and be more of a full-time Grandma.

I am also looking into raising miniature goats and pigs for the kids to enjoy and learn about.

I think introducing children to the proper care of animals is very important
so I have to start with myself lol.

Anyway, I look forward to visiting this forum every time I get a chance.

Thanks again for the welcome!

:welcome: to AA!

Clownfish do good in twenty gallon tanks or thirty gallon tanks and upward if you want a pair. Most say to start with ocellaris clownfish and I agree. I have never kept them but would love too and personally they are the clownfish from Nemo. :)

Some say to stay away from maroon clownfish, though I have no idea why.

Reactions: ALS
Thank you brinsbro1997. I will look for info on these fish on my next day off work... have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom