Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madman29

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, im still relatively new too aquarium keeping but I have been successful have been keeping fish for about 3 years. I never had really any major problem with my tank. Until I recently discovered discus. I had a 10" Oscar with two electric yellows each were about 1 1/2 inches long and I never had problems. I recently found a near by fish store that had a tank full of assorted 2" discus, so I decided to buy three. When I put the fish in the tank the Oscar decided to swallow it whole so I got rid of all of my fish in the tank and now I have only 1 left. So I have come here seeking advice and feed back on the care and maintaince of the beautiful fish

Madman29 said:
Hi, im still relatively new too aquarium keeping but I have been successful have been keeping fish for about 3 years. I never had really any major problem with my tank. Until I recently discovered discus. I had a 10" Oscar with two electric yellows each were about 1 1/2 inches long and I never had problems. I recently found a near by fish store that had a tank full of assorted 2" discus, so I decided to buy three. When I put the fish in the tank the Oscar decided to swallow it whole so I got rid of all of my fish in the tank and now I have only 1 left. So I have come here seeking advice and feed back on the care and maintaince of the beautiful fish

Hi and welcome to AA :) I've never personally kept discus but I know u cannot put them with oscars. Oscars are pretty aggressive :) discus do well with peaceful fish such as cardinal, neon and rummynose tetras :) discus are truly beautiful fish... Im sure someone will chime in soon that can tell u exactly how to care for them until then it would be helpful if u could list you tank size and your type of filtration :) hope I helped some :)

Do a lot of research about your fish, and I hope you find your answer from your studies or from other members.

See you around forums!

Back
Top Bottom