Hello (:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alicks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey I'm Alicks (Alex) I'm in Liverpool (uk)
I'm a new member :)
I have a tropical tank
With
Neon tetras
A silver shark
Male guppies
Balloon mollies
Golden guramis
And Indian guramis :)

Thank you :)
I would upload some photos but I'm on my phone, on the app! & it won't let me...
So I'll do it tomorrow properly :)

What else could I put in with my current fish?

I'm using the AA app as well. It has an attachment button to add pictures. When youre typing your reply it's the little plus button in the upper right.
How big is your tank? And how many of each fish you have?

Just found it :)
I have
10 neon tetras
5 male guppies
5 balloon mollies
1 silver shark
4 guramis (2 Indian & 2 golden)
& 1 plec

I think it's a 180 litre tank...

Sorry but do you know how many gallons? You can add some shrimp or some Cory cats if you want some bottom feeders. Depending how many gallons your tank is, the pleco might outgrow your tank (if it's a common). I think the silver shark may be a bala shark and they grow very big and need a shoal so you may want to rehome him as well.

Aces11 said:
Sorry but do you know how many gallons? You can add some shrimp or some Cory cats if you want some bottom feeders. Depending how many gallons your tank is, the pleco might outgrow your tank (if it's a common). I think the silver shark may be a bala shark and they grow very big and need a shoal so you may want to rehome him as well.

180L=40 real gallons, 47 of those strange US gallons ;)

Ya those strange gallons :) Don't worry, we think the same about liters ;) at least I do anyway.
You may want to rehome the pleco and maybe the silver shark then. And like I said you can probably do cories or shrimp. Maybe even another school of tetras or a centerpiece fish. That is if you move out the others.

Actually, I know an Emperial gallon (Vs. a US gallon) is larger, though I don't know by how much. I'm sure there was a logical reason (like we just had to change it cause we had a revolution... or actual trade issues...heh) but I don't know what they are.

So what fish would you recommend? If I get rid of the plec and shark? :) now you know the gallons :)

I've always wanted corydoras catfish. I think they would go good with your stock because they're bottom dwellers and a lot of your fish are middle-top dwellers. There's lots of different kinds of cories too.

Imperial gallon is 5 quarts I think. Whereas American is only 4. Think its cause litres are larger than quarts by a little.

Back
Top Bottom