Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicosia31

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm matt. I'm a dog trainer at petco. Been working there 8 months and got into aquatics there. I have a 29 gal with 6 juvenile african cichlids. May need some help IDing two but I have a yellow lab, red peacock, blue johanni, and a rusty.

Welcome to AA. ask questions, a lot of wise people here willing to help....

Thank you much! I was wondering what constitutes a mature adult cichlid? Most of mine are 2-3 inches. Id like to sex the little guys because I'm worried I may have too many males. I've tried my hand at venting at the store. No problem catching nad holding the fish but no luck at seeing anything. I think I need a magnifing lense to do it accurately.

Welcome to AA
I wouldn't worry about having to many males in fact some people do all male tanks. But if you add a female you need to have 3 females to 1 male.

Thanks! I hadn't considered an all male tank. I believe the red peacock in there is female. To my knowledge the red peacocks are dimorphic and the females are entirely silver/grey as juveniles where as males will have more red torwards the head early on. He/she can't stand the rusty, the peacock will chase the rusty every time it gets anywhere close.

Your welcome. There is a lot of great people on here so you should have no problems. Someone is always there to answer your questions...

Back
Top Bottom