hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emcglamery

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! my name is Erin and I am new to AquariumAdvice. I joined because I am having some problems with some fish agression in what is supposed to be a well thought out community tank! I look forward to posting my questions and hearing what yall have to think! :D

Welcome to AA :) what size is your tank and what is your stock? Have you cycled the tank yet?

Emcglamery said:
Hi! my name is Erin and I am new to AquariumAdvice. I joined because I am having some problems with some fish agression in what is supposed to be a well thought out community tank! I look forward to posting my questions and hearing what yall have to think! :D

Welcome

Tank is a cycled 55 gal well planted tank
9 black skirt tetra, 3 blushing tetra, 5 platty, 6 peppered cats. Perimeters 0,0,20

Emcglamery said:
Tank is a cycled 55 gal well planted tank
9 black skirt tetra, 3 blushing tetra, 5 platty, 6 peppered cats. Perimeters 0,0,20

Sounds good. What fish are you getting aggression from? Are the blushing tetras picking on each other?

They're All killing anything new that I put in there... Can't even add to the blushings schools.. And they tried to eat a gourami, the poor thing had no tail after 1 night

Try removing all the fish next time you wanna add any, rescape the tank, add the new fish and then the old fish back to eliminate their pecking order

If all of your levels are fine then when ever you feel like it. Just do a water change to bring those trates down and leave the lights off after adding them for a day

Back
Top Bottom