Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

well... i started getting into fish and aquarium about 3 years ago when i asked my wife out by buying her a baby turtle. i set up a small tank for it. and eventually bought a 55 gallon tank about a year later.
beginning of this year i made a pond outside my yard for the turtle.... (5x10x4ft pond, all handmade, very proud of myself here.) so now Coin, turtle's name, has a new home. not so sure what to do with the old 55 gallon tank, we decided to buy some fishes... started out with some small colorful fish. which was fine for the first month, until my wife brought home a fish that was given to her by a friend... next day the new fish ate all of my small fish... With 1 fish left, i didnt really bother much about the tank beside regular water change. up till about 3 months ago when i stopped by a petsmart near me.... saw that they have some Oscar tiger fish... A fish , that to my childhood memories, was a awesome awesome fish... (my granddad had a 115X1m pond in his yard, and all he had was these awesome oscar fish)... because of that, i decided to own some myself. Big mistake... with out any knowledge and research about the fish, i bought 4. one of them die a week after i got it. (was alrd sick when i got them). the other 3 are quite healthy right now. but they all grow differently in size. smallest is about 3.5 inches, medium is about 5 and the biggest on is at 6.4 inches.... i have grown quite fond of these fish. So i have a few questions i want to ask. so yeah... here i am...
sorry for a long, unorganized introduction... also excused my typing mistake. English isnt my first langue

kenhoang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
to AA!

Andrew McFadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello and welcome to the AA family

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome! For mor whelp post a thread under the general discussion in the freshwater section. Those oscars are going to need a 225g tank just for them. Also what was the other big fish you had?
Samzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie
I can only have a 125g tank max.. So i am looking to see if anyone wants any oscar fish
kenhoang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular
You can keep 2 in a 125 just keep up with the water changes.

Myfisheatsyours is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com