Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Criptix

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi my name is Leslie and I am just starting out.I got ahead of myself and just bought a tank and a fish and it died within three days...needless to say I am now researching like crazy to make sure I have a beautiful tank with just a couple fish to enjoy. I have gone to youtube, read articles and bought a step by step guide to saltwater tanks.Everyone says you need to start with at least a 30 gal tank because it is easier to care for and can house a few more fish;however, space is limited and so are funds so I am starting with a 25 gal tank.
I decided that I would continue culturing the piece of live rock I got with the fish in the 10 gal tank I bought but I have questions on how to proceed with that.I don't have any kits yet to test water but I read that every few days you should use a toothbrush to clean the live rock and when it no longer smells it is ready to be introduced to a tank with livestock.Is this correct or am I going to loose the live rock too?
Right now the live rock is in the same tank as the ill fated fish with the filter still running.I turned off the heater and the lights.Is it okay that I am doing this or should of I be doing something else?Any advice would be appreciated thanks!:cool:

Back
Top Bottom