Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sean4482

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone I'm new to this
I've currently got a jewul 3ft tank with a couple of oscars and parrot fish.
If anyone would like to give me any advice to make my tank look good or any pumps to buy feel free too

Welcome to AA!
I moved your post to its own intro thread. :)
Assuming your fish are still quite young you still have a few months but eventually you are going to have to upgrade to a much larger tank to accommodate your fish. Oscars can grow up to an inch per month and surpass 12 inches easily.

I'm planning to get a bigger one once they get a bit bigger I've researched up on these I just think there really nice.
I was looking at driftwood but some people say it makes your tank brown
Have you saw this before ?

I will upload a picture so you have a better idea of how big my oscars are and what things to improve on my tanks as I've only just started.

Yes i have. I have wood in all my tanks. The brown tea color is from the tannin in the wood. It leaches out in water. It's completely harmless but could bring the tanks pH down slightly. To remove much of the tannin you can boil and soak the wood. It can take days/weeks depending on what type of wood and if its been previously submerged.

Ok thank you for the information just want my tank to look nice and my fish to be happy, As you can tell im new to all this so bare with me : ).
Ive uploaded a picture so you can see how big my oscars and parrot fish are. them marks behind the fish are on the outside of the tank cant reach them yet which is annoying.

Attachments

• IMG_0302.jpg
    IMG_0302.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 91
Thank you : )
Took me ages to find decent size fish to put with my oscars as i know they are very aggressive.
do you know how to sex parrot fish ? i know with oscars you cant really tell in till they get bigger.
by the way your tanks are lovely i can see you take a lot of care with them.

Back
Top Bottom