Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KenBell80

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, my name is Ken I've always love having fish and aquariums as a kid and now that I'm married and have the space and time I've finally gotten one of my own started.

I have a 30gal. extra tall, that's what I was told this kind is called, right now we have a good mix of Guppies, Platy, Mollies, and goldfish.

I do have one question for the more experienced people in the forums with having the mix of tropical and goldfish I was told I should feed the fish twice a day once with goldfish flakes and once with tropical flakes is this the best way to do this or is there another food on the market that would work better?

Also because of how the filter has to sit in the tank it picks up a lot of bubbles from the air stones 1) is this bad for the filter pumps? 2) is it bad for the fish or the tank in general as the water looks cloudy but it's just all the air bubbles from the filter?

Appreciate all the help and look forward to bulding this tank up and more in the future.

Hello, my name is Ken I've always love having fish and aquariums as a kid and now that I'm married and have the space and time I've finally gotten one of my own started.

I have a 30gal. extra tall, that's what I was told this kind is called, right now we have a good mix of Guppies, Platy, Mollies, and goldfish.

I do have one question for the more experienced people in the forums with having the mix of tropical and goldfish I was told I should feed the fish twice a day once with goldfish flakes and once with tropical flakes is this the best way to do this or is there another food on the market that would work better?

Also because of how the filter has to sit in the tank it picks up a lot of bubbles from the air stones 1) is this bad for the filter pumps? 2) is it bad for the fish or the tank in general as the water looks cloudy but it's just all the air bubbles from the filter?

Appreciate all the help and look forward to bulding this tank up and more in the future.

How many of each fish do you have? You could be overstocked and in turn be out-doing the Filter's capability,this could cause cloudy water

We have 7 guppies, 2 platy, 2 mollies, 6 goldfish, and 2 pleco, I have a 40gal filer on it and the water isn't really cloudy it just looks cloudy from all the small air bubbles from the filter picking up air from the air stones

Hi Ken, welcome! I think your tank is overstocked, esp. with goldfish. I'll let others chime in.

We have 7 guppies, 2 platy, 2 mollies, 6 goldfish, and 2 pleco, I have a 40gal filer on it and the water isn't really cloudy it just looks cloudy from all the small air bubbles from the filter picking up air from the air stones

What type of goldfish/plecostomus?

Common pleco's and most goldfish shouldn't be in a 30g....

6 goldfish? What, common goldfish? :| youre going to have some serious problems in that tank very quickly. Your tank's way too small and your filter isnt nearlybbig enough to handle their bioload. It might be OK now IF theyre small but youre very quickly going to stunt their growth. Mixing goldfish with tropical is never a good idea either.

Yeah they were comet goldfish, but a friend has an outdoor pond so they are gone from the tank, the Plecos are a miniature albino and a rubber lipped, both are under 2"

Back
Top Bottom