Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flvol77

Aquarium Advice Regular

I have three tanks, two with water, one I am not sure to do with - Freshwater or Saltwater.

I started this addiction back in Nov when my wife bought me a 5 gallon fluval chi, I let it run for a couple of months with out fish because I wasn't sure I wanted to get into it. Bought a couple of fish and of course read about fishless cycling afterwards.

I have a 55 gallon that I am currently cycling and its in day 14 of the cycle.

I bought a 29 gallon tank to be a hospital tank but it didn't work out that way....so its sitting in my office and I am trying to figure out if I go saltwater or not.....

I set up both tanks IMO right, Fluval 406 on the 55 gallon, with a Finnex Fuge Ray with moon lights, and a Fluval E heater. On the 29 Gallon a Fluval 206, Finnex ray with moon lights and a Fluval E heater.

The problem for me is I work around the water all day, I live right near Palm Beach Inlet, but I live on a 15th floor condo, water changes would be rather easy because I have access to boats all day every....I know there is a lot more involved then that in having a saltwater tank but I am still deciding before dropping money on fish.

Any thoughts?

Welcome to AA, we hope ya enjoy! :wave:

You may.want to try.asking all your saltwater questions in the salty forums. Not that many people venture off to the new member section.

Hello and welcome to the forum. Salt water all the way! But before getting started on a salt water tank I would get the other tank fully cycled first then start another. From experiance cyceling multiple tanks can be a real big chore. Plus it will give you time to look around on line and in your local fish stores and see what fish you are interested in.

Hello and welcome to the forum. Salt water all the way! But before getting started on a salt water tank I would get the other tank fully cycled first then start another. From experiance cyceling multiple tanks can be a real big chore. Plus it will give you time to look around on line and in your local fish stores and see what fish you are interested in.

That is part of the problem, all my LFS are saltwater. I get that I am in south florida but finding a lfs that carries fresh water fish has been a pain. I know this may sound crazy but our local Petco has a HUGE selection of fresh and saltwater fish and has some of the best selection around. Its a test store, its about four times the size of a regular store and has a HUGE selection of aquarium supplies.

That is part of the problem, all my LFS are saltwater. I get that I am in south florida but finding a lfs that carries fresh water fish has been a pain. I know this may sound crazy but our local Petco has a HUGE selection of fresh and saltwater fish and has some of the best selection around. Its a test store, its about four times the size of a regular store and has a HUGE selection of aquarium supplies.

I wish my local pet co had a fish selection like that! Mine has maybe 6-8 little tiny tanks for salt very little if any corals horrible manufactured live rock and not much at all in salt water supplies. They have more fresh water and live plants but still not much selection for what is supose to be a major chain. Its a pet supply for dogs mostly cats second then fish. What is worse is the employees are not very well educated in fish.
Sorry for the drawn out response but I would love to have a big place around me and employees that know something.

Back
Top Bottom